ICT @ BELLBRIDGE
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a significant feature of our learning and our daily lives in the 21st century, and we are pleased to be able to provide students at our school with a wide range of experiences using a variety of ICT tools. These include the following:
- An interactive whiteboard is in every classroom.
- Prep-3 classrooms have a 2:1 ratio of laptop PCs.
- Our 1:1 Netbook Program ensures all Grade 4-6 students have a netbook.
- Sets of iPod Touches are used in all Grade 2 and 3 classrooms.
- Digital cameras are used extensively for photos and filming.
- A green-screen room is available for Grade 5 and 6 students.
- A full set of adjustable cameras support Claymation film-making. (Stop-motion using plasticine and props.)
- iPads are used by students with special needs, with support from integration staff.
- Strong ICT staffing, with an Assistant Principal as ICT Leader, a teacher as Netbook Program Leader, a full-time ICT Technical Manager on-site, and a part-time DEECD Specialist Technician.
Below is an SWPBS Claymation video created by Grade 5 students. Click the double-arrow to go full-screen:
Our students are members of a generation who have a high degree of technological awareness and demonstrate a capacity to learn effectively and efficiently using technology. We believe it is important that schools offer students opportunities to become skilled in using tools and programs that are going to play a major role in their future learning that will support possible career options. Bellbridge has invested in becoming a well-resourced school in ICT - including hardware, full-time technical support, and professional development for staff. This culminates in an overall ICT culture which:
- Develops students' ability to become ‘ICT literate’ by being able to transfer knowledge and skills and apply it to new technologies.
- Develops familiarity with programs and processes to assist in the presentation of work, e.g. Microsoft Office products and online tools.
- Provides access to interactive learning via web-based programs, e.g. Sumdog, Mathletics and Reading Eggs.
- Encourages the exploration of creative tools for showcasing their learning styles.
- Provides communication within and beyond the school as part of an interactive approach to learning, and encourages a connectedness between home and school to support learning for students and families.
Find our ICT POLICY on our Policies and Forms page.
1:1 NETBOOK PROGRAM
The Grade 4 - 6 teams and the ICT Team work hard to implement our 1:1 Netbook Program for all students in Grades 4-6. Our school has made sure that the program provides parents with the best value for money, as well as having the best possible technical support from our full-time on-site technician.
Students in Grades 4-6 use Windows based netbooks on a daily basis to support and enrich their learning in all areas of the curriculum, as well as providing engaging homework tasks. We are very proud of this program because ALL students access a personal netbook to use at school every day, allowing teachers to implement consistent, rich and engaging learning experiences for everyone.
The cost of the netbook program:
$60 per term (x4 terms each year for Grade 4-6)
$200 up-front (once per year for Grade 4-6)
To date, we have been in a position to offer family discounts where siblings are on the program at the same time, using a grant from our supplier.
Information sessions are held for Grade 3 parents in late November each year.
Below is a Claymation video created by Grade 5 students on netbook computers: